Donation made so far by Anambra big men maka people asking what have they donated in this COVID-19 case.
So far, the government have received the following donations in cash and equipment from the following people:
* UBA Plc – N28, 500,000
* Professor Chukwuma Charles Soludo- N10M
* Ibeto Petrochemical – N10M
* J. I Ejison of Ejison International Ltd – N5M
* Dr. Clem Nwogbo (Awka Millennium City)N5M
* Chief Ejeson Ukeje N5M
* Chief Daniel Chukwudozie (Dozzy Oil) N2M
* Senator Victor Umeh N2M
* His Royal Highness, Igwe Gerald Mbamalu (Igwe
* Ezeemo Godwin Chukwunenye N500,000
* Obinna Okechukwu Nwosu N3000
* 7Com Enterprises N2000
* Chief Chidi Anyaegbu (Chisco) N10M
* Aguleri World Forum N2M
* Dr Godwin Okafor (WINCO Foam) N2M
* Cutix Plc, Medical equipment and supplies
* Ozo Jude Agumadu (Baby Awka) N500,000
* Soludo Support Group N1M
* Chief Barrister Hyacinth Maduagwu N1M
* Ozonkpu Dr. Victor Ike Oye (APGA National Chairman) N3M
* United Anambra Youth Assembly (U-AYA) and United Anambra Women Assembly (U-AWA) N1M
* Juhel Plc, Chloroquine phosphate that can treat 2,500 patients
* Dr Ernest Obiejesi (Obijackson Group) 4000 Facial Masks and 900 Personal Protection Equipment (PPE).
* Traditional ruler of Alor, Igwe Mark Anthony Chinedu Elibe Okonkwo 50 cartons of hospital equipment comprising doctors’ gloves,face masks and shoes, and a carton of oxygen
* Pharmacutical Society of Nigeria, (PSN, Anambra State Chapter) Medical supplies
* Pharmacist Alex Onyido (Igwe of Ogidi) N1M and drug supplies.
* ASUU (Owerri Zone) Medical Items
* Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) Ventilator, Oxygen Concentrator, Body Suits and Safety Eyewears
* Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University (COOU), Medical supplies
* Other illustrious indigenes of the state that have pledged to assist the government with Personal Protection Equipment and other medical supplies are Prince Engineer Arthur Eze, Dr Cosmas Maduka, Chief Innocent Chukwuma (Innoson), Sir Emeka Offor, Emma Bishop Okonkwo (Ekulo Group) and Chief Allen Onyema (Air Peace).
Ndi Anambra, we are still appealing for donations to boost our capacity to overcome Coronavirus. We especially need ventilators and Personal Protection Equipment like gloves, goggles for the eyes, apparels and masks. Whatever support we get in this area shall be highly appreciated.
Umu nnem, now that we have the first recorded incident in Anambra State, our fight against Coronavirus has just started. All hands must be on deck to stamp the pandemic out of our beloved state. Ndi Anambra, I have no doubt that if we work together, we shall win this race.
God bless Anambra State
God bless Nigeria
Governor, Anambra State
Saturday, 11th April, 2020