Nominees for Chairmanship and members of the Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Commission Tribunal were confirmed by the Nigeria Senate on Wednesday.
Chairman of the Senate Committee on Trade and Investment, Senator Francis Adenigba Fadahunsi in a report submitted to the red chambers on Wednesday expressed satisfaction with the credentials of the nominees.
He said the nominees’ security report and their screening during the panel’s sitting was satisfactory, while he urged the Senate to confirm them without delay.
The report said: “That the Senate do receive and consider the report of the Committee on Trade and Investment on the confirmation of the nomination of the following persons for appointment as Chairman and members of the Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Commission Tribunal.”
After deliberations, the nominees as forwarded by President Muhammadu Buhari were confirmed by the Committee of the whole.
1. Mrs Saratu Mama Shafii (Chairman) Northcentral
2. George Chukwuma Mbonu (Member) South East.
3. Barr. Thomas Okosun (Member) South-South.
4. Dr. Umar.Dauda Duhu (Member) North East.
5. Mr.Ibrahim El-Yakubu (Member) North West.
6. Sola Salako Ajulo (Member) South West
7. Kenneth Tersoo Gyado (Member) North Central.
After their confirmation, Senate President, Dr. Ahmad Ibrahim Lawan enjoined the members to diligently discharge their responsibilities in the interest of the nation.