DJ Switch, Nigerian disc jockey, has again returned to the spotlight over the authenticity of her claims on fatalities recorded during last year’s shooting of #EndSARS protesters at Lekki, Lagos.

The development follows a recent report by the US Department of State that there was no accurate information on the actual casualty figures recorded during the Lekki shooting.

 

Hours before a curfew was scheduled to begin on October 20, soldiers had stormed the Lekki tollgate — where youths protesting against police brutality had gathered — and started shooting.

 

Switch, who filmed the incident, had claimed that at least15 persons were shot dead while several others sustained injuries of varying degrees.

Amnesty International had also insisted that about 10 people died of gunshot injuries during the incident.

 

But Lai Mohammed, minister of information, had dismissed the claims while the army also said it did not use live bullets on the protesters as alleged by a CNN investigation.

 

But according to a report released on Tuesday, the US said the contradictions in the various reports make it difficult to ascertain the actual fatalities of the incident.

The development has since sparked heated reactions on Twitter with Nigerians again expressing mixed views over DJ Switch’s claims that people died during the incident.

 

“I can’t believe what I’m reading this morning about Dj Switch. I’m seriously disappointed in my country people, don’t know you people are this daft. So because USA said some shit, you all come to a conclusion that the video (live video for that) was fake and staged,” a user wrote.

 

“DJ Switch claimed 15 bodies and CNN only confirmed 1 dead. What all of these mean is that the claim of a massacre is not verifiable in any shape or form even after almost 6 months. No relatives, no one coming to seek justice. My contention has always been the word massacre,” another user wrote.

 

Here’s what others had to say: