Yoruba freedom fighter, Sunday Igboho, has vowed to go on with the Yoruba Nation rally that his group scheduled for Saturday, June 3 in Lagos state.

He had cancelled the rally after the Department of State Services (DSS) raided his residence in Ibadan on Wednesday.

But in a Facebook live broadcast, Igboho, who spoke through his media aide, Olayomi Koiki, said the rally will hold.

“I can still confirm officially that the Lagos rally in as much as whatever news or rumours you’ve been listening to from different outlets, will go as planned.

“The 3rd of July Mega rally will go as planned. All arrangements for the rally has been planned and nothing has changed.

“I have spoken to the organisers, nothing has changed so far. 3rd of July from exactly 9:00am in the morning. The whole arrangement and planning is going on,” the activist said.

The Police had warned Igboho to steer clear of Lagos, saying hoodlums were plotting to hijack the rally.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here